How To Root Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT - B5512 WITHOUT USING A COMPUTER
Galaxy Y Pro is a low budget android phone from Samsung , which features both touch panel and qwerty keypad.The default O.S is gingerbread 2.3.Rooting an android phone will gives many advanced features like moving apps to SD,uninstalling inbuilt apps etc...
Do at your own risk.
Steps for rooting GT-B5512:-
- Make sure that the battery is minimum 70% left.Save or backup your user-data and apps.
- Download rooting file 'update.zip' from here.
- Save the downloaded file in SD card.(not in any sub-folders).
- Reboot the phone,by pressing volume up+home key+power button simultaneously, you will get into recovery options.(1+2+3 as in fig above).
- Locate 'wipe data' by using volume key and select it by home button.Navigate to 'yes' option.
- After that select option 'apply update from sdcard', then navigate to update.zip saved in sdcard and select it.Wait few minutes for installation.
If you see an app 'superuser' then your phone is rooted.Now you can uninstall inbuilt apps and move it to sd card by 'link2sd' available in play store.Use app 'titanium backup' for making backups of all apps and data,also you can freeze less using apps.Many such facilities are awaiting you.
If any error is shown repeat the process ,also comment your problem here.
For more articles related to technology - click here